[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 15:41:42 CDT 2003

--- Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> I've given up buying anything on eBay except for Buy It Now,
> because I'm sick of getting sniped in the last fifteen seconds
> by some asshole with an auction-sniping program and a cable
> modem when there's no time to respond.  eBay these days is He
> With The Lowest Latency Wins.

Latency envy?

All you need to do is bid JIT, and bid high - that way if you don't get
it, at least the buyer is paying top-dollar. I pretty much always get
what I want off eBay, but I tend to bid about 5% more than I think an
item is worth, if I really want it. Then, if someone else gets it, its
OK, cause it went for more than I thought it was worth...

The jerks I hate are the ones who see an item with a $15.95 BIN price,
and an opening bid of $12.95 - then some fool bids $12.95 5 days before
the auction ends and tries to save $3, then it goes for $25-30 at the
end. The fool was so focused on saving the $3 they lost the item! (it
annoys me because the BIN price was a good deal, but now it's gone...)

Anyway,

=====
Lionel