[rescue] VSIMM for SS10SX same as for SS20?

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Fri Jun 20 15:35:49 CDT 2003

Got a question, and after some unclear search results, figured I'd ask here.

Are the VSIMM's for a SS20 the same as the VSIMM's for a SS10SX?
Also, looking at the SS10SX I have, whether it could take TWO VSIMM's
(it looks like there are two VSIMM slots....)  The configuration manual's
weren't all that clear if I could put 2 4mb (and be equivalent to 1 8mb)
(they do mention that you need an "AVB (Auxiliary Video Board) card"
(which I suspect isn't something easily found...) if I put a VSIMM in slot 5.
(does this mean you get 2 cgfourteen's?)

It SOUNDS like one should load the biggest VSIMM in the one slot...

Earl
(I've got a box that I'm just about to fire up...after Earl's big move...
and also have a line on a 8mb VSIMM, but it's from an SS20....)