[rescue] SparcCenter 2000E on Ebay

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jun 20 14:31:19 CDT 2003

>From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
>
>On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
.
.
.
>> sick of getting sniped in the last fifteen seconds by some asshole with
>> an auction-sniping program and a cable modem when there's no time to
>> respond.  eBay these days is He With The Lowest Latency Wins.
>
>   Phil, I snipe *everything* I buy on eBay for exactly that reason.  I
>learned the "if you can beat 'em, join 'em" rule about eBay years ago.

There are two ways to play... either play the sniping game (I do it all
the time w/o any sort of sniping program), or bid the max you would
be willing to pay, and if you win, so be it... I do that one in a while
as well.  Chance are if you bid the max you are willing to pay and you
get outbid, you probably would have lost during the sniping anyway.

Now what some people are willing to pay for things is absurd... but
that is a completely different matter :-)

>   For the record, however, I have functional fingers and a functional
>mouse, so I don't need a "sniping program". ;)

me neither and I do the sniping "game" sometimes... you simply have to
sometimes.... if you don't you either have to overpay, or not bother.