[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jun 20 13:45:58 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Andrew Weiss wrote:

[twm]

> and ugly as sin.

If you go with all defaults, yes.

You can customize the hell out of it though.  I remember
when fvwm first came out and it was all the rage...  people
would talk about all the things twm "couldn't" do.  To which
I would respond: "Have you read the man page?  It's in there."

I will admit that twm, even with customization, is fairly
dated at this point.  But a lot of the attitude thrown at
it nowadays is because everyone expects software to
be pre-configured or have lots of checkboxes and sliders
to configure it with...

--Kurt