[rescue] TWM!!

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jun 20 13:38:50 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> On Friday 20 June 2003 20:03, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
> > Make it 3....TWM is the way!  (and of course vi...)
> >
> > Earl (oh, yeah, let's start another computer religion war 8-)  8-)  8-) )
>
> Yuck. Give me Enlightenment, the desktop at your fingertips. Just turn off the
> pointless effects and you have a very useable well-performing window manager
> (opaque resizing sucks though).

I still fail to understand why so much bloated code is needed to display a
few Xterms. I do not like things that get in the way, and those new
window managers tend to slow down and bug down my computational experience
quite often.

Besides one of the few guarantees in life is that most Unix systems will
have 2 things: vi and twm, so it si a good thing to be in good terms with
both. :)