[rescue] A bit of Fun

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Jun 20 11:52:28 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> I've got one right here I recently aquired (had to build the special
> console cable for a serial console).... I opened it and put it back
> together.... while it wasn't as easy as they could have made it, I
> didn't find it THAT bad....  I've been inside worse but I can't
> give specific examples.... except most were PC boxes (one was an
> older Compaq desktop... upgrading the drive or memory (can't recall
> which) was a major excercise in anger management)).

I have to nominate the Okidata personal laser printer line as some of
the worst designed crap ever.  Everything is packed in so tightly and
overlaps that you have to practically disassemble it while making a
detailed map in order to change certain plastic flags.

If you don't make a map and you don't have an official service manual
you may never get it back together again.

Andrew