[rescue] How would you ship this

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jun 20 07:40:17 CDT 2003

Sun used to use Consolidated Freightways until they went tit-up, and now they
use Yellow. The guys at the Providence office of Yellow are a little flaky,
but I just gt five pallets of stuff delivered by them without a single
scratch.
   The suggestion of hiring professional movers is a good one; piano movers
will have the experience to move heavy, delicate objects, but they may cost up
to a couple hundred bucks. Compared to the health of your back and what you
paid for the system, make your own call. (I hired two guys to move a piano
into my house, because I knew how picky my wife is. Sure enough, she had one
of the two poor bast*rds balancing on one foot while the other one inched his
end of the piano into postion near the wall. Well worth the money!)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator