[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jun 20 02:47:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
>
> > > Feh.  FVWM is for the weak.  twm all the way =)
>
> > > And yes, I DO still use twm.
>
> > There is... another... one? I am almost with a tear in my eye, I thought I
> > was the last one of a dying breed. TWM (actually TVTWM) is like the vi of
> > windowmanagers.
>
> You'll be VERY happy then.  At least two more of my friends still use
> twm.  One is the sysadmin for the CS department at RIT...
>
> Is tvtwm still around?  I used that for quite a while, I loved it.
> When I looked for it more recently, I only found vtwm...

I believe it is pretty much the same, in anycase is just twm with virtual
desktops. It took years for my .twmrc to be just right :), afterr that
this wm does everythig I need, plus I have all my keyboard shortcuts to my
liking. Good to see RIT still has quality people. The only candy assed
environment I have ever liked is OSX, and I am OK with 4DWM for the sgis,
other than that I hate all these themes and crap with 3D rotating dildos that
all these desktop environments are starting to creep into every desktop in the department.
2D tab, which little horizontal bloat as possible, just give me the title
for teh current window... that is all I need, the rest just wastes my
screen.

Although I must admit I have started to experiment with FluxBox, once I
get the configuration just right. I may switch for good, I guess it is
time to evolve. I like it because it is quite light in resources and it
doesn't get in the way at all just like twm, plus it still can be made to
look clean and 2D.

BTW I may start to actually create a theme *gasp* I jsut wanna to make a
theme that looks like 4Sight or Mex, the old SGI window managers just for
fun. I used 4Sight and I sort of liked it, I never saw Mex, so it is just
a complete mistery, does anyone have a screeshot?