[rescue] 1600SW and refresh rates

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jun 20 00:08:41 CDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:57:13 -0400
Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> Ooh!  You can bet a 1600x1200 screen on a laptop now?  Cool.  :)  One
> of the reasons I've never had much use for laptops, besides their cost
> and short bettery life, has been the relatively low-resolution
> screens.  I had an acute case of lust at one point over a HP Omnibook
> 6000 ....  it was a *sweet* machine, except that the
> highest-resolution screen you could get was 1024x768.

The new dell i8500 is wide format 19xx X 14xx or some such huge number,
don't remember off hand.  Viewable angles on this one of mine approach
CRT angles.  I spent enough money (well, school loan, but I will be
spending it when I get done) on this laptop to have but a nice
powerbook, but the screen resolutions just don't cut it.  I am a lots of
windows guy, and I even run windowmaker to get back the space other WMs
lose to taskbars.

Tim