[rescue] A bit of Fun and OT

raclark at regence.com raclark at regence.com
Thu Jun 19 16:37:17 CDT 2003

Being called "bad with hardware" by someone who deals small dishes and
cellphones.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

[RC]

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "N. Miller"          |
|         |           <vraptor at promessage.c|
|         |           om>                  |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           rescue-bounces at sunhel|
|         |           p.org                |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           06/19/2003 02:03 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "The Rescue List"    |
|         |                                |
|         |           |-------------------||
|         |           | [ ] Secure E-mail ||
|         |           |-------------------||
|         |           (Embedded image moved|
|         |           to file:             |
|         |           pic17004.pcx)        |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |      To:    "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>                                                                       |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                  |
  |     Subject:      Re: [rescue] A bit of Fun and OT                                                                       |

--On Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:26 PM -0400 Kevin Loch <kloch at gurunet.net>
wrote:

> I have a SS1000E memory board with one dimm tied to it's neighbor.
> It works fine.  No, it's not in production either :)

I imagine it's a matter of how tightly you pull the zip-tie. ;-)

This particular sys admin would have been better off sticking to
Perl.  He didn't have much of a head for hardware.  Kind of like
the sys admin that didn't bother to screw down the scsi cables,
and then had the on-call person awakened at 0200 b/c the security
guard checking the AC in the DC and net closets brushed one of
the cables and it came out half-way.  (My life in hurtling network
juggernaut engineering IT hell.)

I can only say that it wasn't my manager's fault.  That particular
SCSI cable sys admin was "aquired" when the network juggernaut
bought yet another company.

This is OT, but tech-related, sort of...

It appears that I am now pretty much out of the IT job market for good.
I had to fire my two business partners this week (it's not 100% done yet,
but the lawyers will probably handle the rest), so I will be taking over
the management of our Dish Network sales (we also do cell phones).  Email
me off-list if you need anything--we have a policy of doing good by our
friends--and we'll ship anywhere.  :-)

I also may be able to swing a deal for anyone who wants to sell Dish
Network/DirectTW to make some money on the side.  Drop me a note if
interested, and I will find out from our master agent if we can activate
outside of our regional area (all of NoCal).

=Nadine=
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely
for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended
to be a legally binding signature.

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of pic17004.pcx]