[rescue] They have 6 of them

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Jun 18 13:57:29 CDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > > I'd take one of these, if they were close and I could afford it.
> >
> > Vaxbar++ ?
> >
> > :)
>
> Bite your tongue!  I'd run OpenVMS on it, and be very happy.  :-)
>
> Well, I'd want to add an HSG80 controller, but that's about it.

Heh. Well, it would make an interesting geek bar POS controller.

My first employer after college wrote some code for a Minneapolis (I
think) pizza place that would let bartenders operate the squirt gun for
alcohol and soda, and it would automatically enter the dosages used on the
bartender's POS terminal. So a rum-n-coke would show up as 1 rum 1
mixer-coke and he'd just enter whose tab it went on, or cash it out.

Imagine a geek bar with lots of running heavy metal computing gear around.
PRotected from barfing and spills, of course. Make the actual bar out of
retired/defunct half-racks (i.e. PDP-11 halfracks whose contents have
died).

I know the perfect person to manage it (not me). :)

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com