[rescue] OS/2 anyone?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 18 10:45:43 CDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> > Their license to the Windows source code expired at Windows 3.1.
>
> Hm, IBM could've based themselves on the api instead (and lag behind the
> windows versions)...

That'd be a violation of their license.  Since they've seen the inside
of Windows, they have an unfair advantage in creating a workalike.

> Btw, I hear OS/2 is still develloped? It's called eComstation or something
> like that.

Yep.  OS/2 server is still developed as OS/2 Warp Server for eBusiness.
OS/2 Version 4 is still supported, and probably still an orderable item
from IBM.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren