[rescue] A bit of Fun

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Wed Jun 18 03:47:26 CDT 2003

At 12:03 PM 17/06/2003 -0500, Michael wrote:
>1. Worst Machine Architecture

PC/AT and every PeeCee incarnation ever since.  I'll give IBM credit for
the original PC, ugly as it may have been, I was impressed the first time I
first touched one in 1983-ish, but I think they had the chance to do so
much better with the AT.

>2. Worst Processor

80386SX

>3. Worst Operating system

Windows ME

>4. Worst Case Design

PIX 515E firewall.  It lures you into thinking it's well designed like the
higher-end firewalls, but no, it must be almost completely disassembled to
add a PCI ethernet card, (this includes removing the rackmount
ears).  Ultra 10 comes a not-too-distant second, at least it looks like a
PC so your expectations are already suitably low.

>5. Etc if you can think of anything else.

That'll do for the moment.

Rob