[rescue] Perverse Question

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Jun 18 03:09:00 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Mike Meredith wrote:

> Of course! But I do get a little frustrated when people assume that it's
> exceptionally rare. Hearing a firewall vendor salescritter's head
> explode when you explain that you aren't interested in anything that
> can't firewall 10Gbps is sort of fun though.

I made some storage salescritters' heads explode now and then, circa '98,
when I wanted Gigabit Ethernet on their products (network-attach stuff of
one sort or another). The guy (who represented a company that made large
black-and-green storage products based on SunOS/SPARC, not to name any
names) told me nobody was doing Gigabit or would be for a while.

My employer's product was the first GigE routing switch to hit the market.
And we were using it internally at the time. The vendor knew this.

And still he risked the toenail/epiglottis conflict.  :)

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com