[rescue] Uptime war (Was: STOP THE INSANITY)

Mattias Nordlund mathew at eagle.y.se
Wed Jun 18 02:13:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 June 2003 22:58, Mattias Nordlund wrote:
> >
> >  10:58pm  up 843 day(s),  7:24,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.02
> >
> > (Solaris 8, SPARCstation 5, production mailserver)
>
> Now THAT is what I call stability... Did solaris not have any security holes
> in the kernel in all that time?

Probably, but as it only is used as mail-server with postfix, and
is firewalled so only open port from the internet is port 25.

Then all users read mail localy on other machines that have NFS mounted it
or over imap (not from the internet)

And there is no login for ordinary users on it, and hardly any
suid-binarys left.

/Mattias