[rescue] Perverse Question

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Jun 17 22:12:02 CDT 2003

--On Monday, June 16, 2003 4:34 PM -0400 Dave McGuire
<mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:32 AM, nick at snowman.net wrote:
>> I belive he's speaking in "MS Stability" not in any real overall
>> meaning
>> of the term.  For a MS os it's amazingly stable... It's nearly as
>> stable
>> as dos.
>
>    ...and "stable" really shouldn't mean "it doesn't crash because we
> reboot it every night."

I had a Tosh 8000; I ran pre-release Win2K on it, and
could go for a week or more using hibernation without
rebooting.  The only major cause for rebooting was Netscape
4.7 (?irc).  And this was with me doing things like playing
*games* under W2K.

Of course, I was not using much by way of Office, nor any
bloatware M$ mailreader.  But I was using Reflection X.

=Nadine=