[rescue] Re: Landscaping with technology

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Jun 17 19:53:13 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 14:32, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> Friend o' mine plugged a removeable hard disk (ide) in his pc and forgot to
> power it off first.
>
> *ksssssssst* . Trashbin.

When i first got my Pentium II system in august 1997, i accidently
unplugged the IDE interface on a drive when it was powered up (i thought
i had turned it off, but hadn't).  It fried the other drive on that
channel.  This did not make me happy, as the drive i unplugged was a
200MB drive that i was just copying some data off of, and the drive i
fried was the brand new 6.4GB drive that at the time was worth like $350
or so.  Luckily, i got the drive replaced under warranty.

	-Dan Sikorski