[rescue] A bit of Fun

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Jun 17 16:44:51 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 02:07:11PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Worst machine arch:
> >
> > Don't know how good/bad it was, but I remember there was a machine
> > (Fortune?) that had up to three processors inside (Z-80 for CP/M, 8086
> > for MS-DOS and 68000 for something else?)...
>
> Yeah, the Fortune 3216.  A company I did some consulting for once almost
> bought one.  Cool-looking machine, visually, but never went anywhere.

The Seequa Chameleon had 808x and Z-80 in a hardware dual boot
configuration, as I recall. I thought it was incredible, but then I
learned CP/M before DOS. Circa 1982 I think--NEC had a couple of machines
that competed for mindshare in "serious" computer stores (i.e. non-kmart)
with the Apple ][ and Franklin Ace.

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com