[rescue] Perverse Question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 16:25:52 CDT 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>    You know, I'm just about sick of this.  Now I'm being called a
> "bigot" behind my back for the horrible sin of having some
> STANDARDS.  Well, excuse the living piss out of me, ok?

I meant no such thing, and I apologize for making you think I meant
anything bu the above - I was simply trying to describe historical
facts. What I tried to describe was that you had gotten annoyed with
innane discussions and took a vacation. I didn't mean to imply that you
started them, just that you got fed up with the (low) level of
discourse on the list at various times...

>    I also don't eat cat shit, and prefer things like Thai curry
> dishes.
> Does that make me a bigot?  It must, it's the same fucking thing.  I
> WILL NOT eat cat shit when Thai curry is available right down the
> street.  Terrible bigot I am, I know.  So be it.

>    Those "dramatic flameouts" of which you speak have to do with my
> not being a very patient person, especially in the face of
> stupidity.

Exactly what I was trying to explain, and "flameout" was just a
colorful term for you unsubscribing for a while...

> Incidentally, this is also one of the biggest  reasons why I don't
> try
> to pretend x86 boxes were designed for production use on a network.
>
> > Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step, right Dave? ;^)
>
>    Fuck you, Lionel.  The fact that people mistake knowing shit from
> good tools for "bigotry" is not MY problem.

D00d - note the smiley - I was making a casual 12-step program
reference for humor - again, note the smiley. Honestly, I like you
*for* your opinions, and I would have hoped you realized this
already...

>    And forgive me if this message is strangely formatted, I'm sending
> it from the mail client in my cell phone (yay Sidekick) because my

I hope all is better soon...

=====
Lionel