[rescue] Perverse Question

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Jun 17 15:49:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:34:29PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:32 AM, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> > I belive he's speaking in "MS Stability" not in any real overall
> > meaning
> > of the term.  For a MS os it's amazingly stable... It's nearly as
> > stable
> > as dos.
>
>    ...and "stable" really shouldn't mean "it doesn't crash because we
> reboot it every night."

Heh, I once had to mess around with SAF-style serial ports on a
machine set up to do exactly that.  NCR Unix on x86 hardware, running
a COBOL app.  Blecccch!

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |