[rescue] A bit of Fun

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 17 15:02:47 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 12:51 PM, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	Since tempers seem to be up a little I thought maybe a bit of fun
> may help us out. How about the Rescue worst of awards ? This could be
> the
> Alpha version. How about nominations for:
>
> 1. Worst Machine Architecture

Hmm.  Dunno.  I'd say x86, and cite a few examples, but I think I'd get
flamed for that.

> 2. Worst Processor

Pentium-IV.  They lack the balls to do anything at speeds lower than
about 2Ghz.  Personal experience with these has been Not Good.

> 3. Worst Operating system

Windows XP.  All the instability of any previous Windows, and all the
goofy eye-candy, and none of the desireable features.

> 4. Worst Case Design

Packard Bell towers circa 1995.  All plastic outer skins, with goofy
compartments, and metal braces in the most inconvenient of places.

--
Kurt				"There are some bad people on the rise.
kurt at k-huhn.com	They're saving their own skins by ruining peoples