[rescue] Perverse Question

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 14:44:24 CDT 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:47:12 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Novak <rnovak at indyramp.com> wrote:
> But it's been a while since I worked somewhere big enough that anyone
> in IT could get hired on without at least a fractional applied clue on
> ia32 hardware. I think in today's IT world, it's just as bad to not be
> marginally competent with ia32 than to not be marginally competent
> with anything else.

At the very least it's useful in explaining why ia32 isn't always the
most appropriate architecture (64 bit address space does come in handy
for some applications).

As for offering advice on Windows*, no way ... I probably know more than
many people who ask me, but I don't know enough to justify my salary ...
that's justified by my Unix skills.