[rescue] A bit of Fun

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Tue Jun 17 11:51:58 CDT 2003

	Since tempers seem to be up a little I thought maybe a bit of fun
may help us out. How about the Rescue worst of awards ? This could be the
Alpha version. How about nominations for:

1. Worst Machine Architecture
2. Worst Processor
3. Worst Operating system
4. Worst Case Design
5. Etc if you can think of anything else.

	The main rule I can think up is that you cannot use a single company
as an answer. For example everyone is going to yell "Microsoft" for number 3
I am sure. Instead you must point to a particular peice and say why. For
example I nominate Microsoft Bob for number 3. It had the massive GUI
overhead of windows 95 on a machine 1/3 as fast. In addition it removed any
hope of getting anything done by locking the user out of everything. Add to
the fact that it was an overlay system on an OS overlay (Bob went over
windows 3.1 which was an overlay over dos 5 and 6) made it clugy as hell.

	There, now can't we all just get along?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org