[rescue] Re: Perverse Question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 16 23:19:33 CDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Al Potter wrote:

> Oh, OK, and __I__ was a heathen because I __ASKED__ about
> frankensteining an IPC with a PC mobo?!?

If the IPC were functioning, yes.

> I get it.... a treb is retro tech, so you're "rescuing"
> the maching by hurling it....

An example of such an candidate would be this IBM RS/6000 here.
It's old.  The motherboard is cracked.  The case is bent.  I lack a lot
of the smaller components to make it whole.  I killed a week or so
trying to resurrect it.  It Will Not Run Again.  Beyond that, it was a
dog back when it was current, and, as a result, IBM doesn't really admit
to having ever made it.  You'll find more mention of a 7011-250 on their
website.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren