[rescue] Re: Landscaping with technology

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 16 15:49:47 CDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 03:23:52PM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:
> > Last year I had a cron entry that would update the big 4Si printer's
> > display to show a countdown of the number of days until a big trade
> > show...one of the older sales guys pulled me aside and asked in a hushed
> > tone "how does it know?".
>
> That sounds like the point at which a true BOFH could REALLY start to
> have some fun.  :)

A friend sent an audio file to a remote NeXT workstation to have it say
"The printer is out of paper." The person at said workstation took 5-10
minutes to realize there was no printer.

Almost as good as an apparently rare error message from some release of
Netware that would give a "Drive D: is out of paper" error.

--Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com