[rescue] Perverse Question

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jun 16 03:25:14 CDT 2003

Eric Josephson <ericj at speakeasy.org> wrote:
[...]
> Sad. Remember all the diversity of only ten years ago when it seemed like
> x86 and microsoft were doomed? Seems like we've lost that war and we're
> experiencing the other side of the 'worse is better' scale this time.

>From a UK consumer perspective, the diversity went when Commodore were no
longer in a position to support the Amiga. This would have been 1994, and it
was quite clear at that point that the PC was going to become the new
dominant system. It took another year or so to realise that Microsoft was
going to own the platform.

The Apple Mac has at least become a viable choice for Joe Public, so we're
in a marginally better position than 1994/95.

--
Did you know? #13
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed