[rescue] Perverse Question

KRM kevin at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 15 21:33:44 CDT 2003

Rob,  ...notice this is private not list, so don't hold back if need be.

I do maintain two Win32 servers at work that were in place when i
arrived and i never made any statements to this list that i *actually*
don't know anything about about Microsoft products.  That's just what i
tell people who ask me about their PC problems.  It's a lot quicker and
nicer than saying "The primary source of your problems are one, user
ignorance and two, the fact that you are using fragile operating systems
and software."  I learned a long time ago not to give out opinions to
co-workers unless they become clients and even then only on very
specific matters.

And to answer your question from earlier:

Which currently available-at-retail MS OS is more stable than Win2k?

I did not state that Win2K was or was not the best OS that MS has put
out.  My position was that i do not consider it to be a "workable" OS.
With the exclusion of one hardware related event (DPS PVR, and NT 3.5.1
worked fine for it) I have yet to find myself in a situation where i
needed to do something and could not find a method other than using a
Microsoft product.  My objections to Microsoft are ethical as well as
technical.  That means i can't allow myself to just prop it up because
$craplication doesn't run under $nix.

Happy Fathers's Day.

/KRM