[rescue] Perverse Question

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Jun 15 16:39:19 CDT 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 23:32, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    Platform independence??  .NET has been architected from the ground
> up, like most other MS products (C# anyone?) to lock people into their
> products for the long-term.  This is not platform independence.

Yeah, I also asked myself why they needed another programming language since
apparently they already raped c++ to make it work with .net :-D

About platform independence, at least they *make it look like* .net will allow
alternative implementations. The msil (read: bytecode ;) ) should be
compatible among runtime environments. Well, I guess that's why they patented
large parts of it...

*sigh*

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be