[rescue] Perverse Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 15 16:29:51 CDT 2003

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 04:42 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>    Of course now that we're headed down the rathole of a
> "microprocessor
> monoculture" all that wonderful variety will eventually be lost.  Damn.

   Fortunately, that's a self-limiting problem with an architecture as
archaic as x86.

   Not trying to start a flame war here, but this comment made me feel
the need to point out that x86 is, as an architecture, out of
"implementation steam".  The rest of the computing world isn't going
anywhere anytime soon, don't worry.

        -Dave