[rescue] Perverse Question

Jeffrey J. Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sun Jun 15 13:45:41 CDT 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:26:03 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>>See? If I mention obsolete parts strewn about my lair, everybody
>>wants me to preserve them. If I have working PCs, suddenly I'm
>>stricken with the plague.
>
>Hey man, it's not *my* fault that the industry has forgotten about
>quality design.

So... it's my fault?

I'm trying to work with what I've got, and trying to learn *nix at
the same time.

Because I haven't thrown away most of my working hardware and
software and either a) bought all new stuff (with no money?) or b)
simply lived without anything that can actually let me do stuff, I'm
a pariah.

OK, fine. I'll take my list of obsolete hardware, and my PCs running
Windows, and... well, I can't find a group less opinionated. There
doesn't seem to exist such a thing. Guess I'm on my own.

Oh well. I've managed to make myself unwelcome in yet another group.
Must be a personality flaw I haven't figured out yet.