[rescue] Perverse Question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 15 02:58:53 CDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> I would like to ask you, since you study computer architecture, why
> not take a bunch of R3k's, bump up the MHz and put them on a 2 or 3
> million transistor die and have an instant SMP box?

I don't believe R3k is SMP-capable.  You'd have to add a lot of glue
logic to make that work.  I don't understand the affection for R3k,
other than its beautiful simplicity.  Personally, I like R4k better, but
only because I like 64-bit integers.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren