[rescue] More bits and pieces

Brent B. Powers sunrescue at b2pi.com
Sat Jun 14 21:09:58 CDT 2003

    >> I remember a long time ago, there was a write up of a
    >> 68000-based Unix box that was going to be released for an
    >> estimated $600 - back before Linux, when your choices were Real
    >> Unix at $,$$$ or Minix on an IBM PC/XT...
    >>
    >> It never materialized, AFAIK, but that would have been a nice
    >> toy ;^)

    Scott> There was the pc532, running NetBSD, designed back in '90
    Scott> or so.  It wasn't 68k, however.

I may be mixing a couple of threads, but I recall something akin to a
'Q-System' (or maybe Quantum) running a netbsd variant that they
called QDos(not the precursor of MS/PC-DOS). There was also an online
service for these, and (this is the good part) that service became
TimeWarner ... or something.

But the machine was a 68000 or 68010 SBC .. quite cheap for those
days, may have been bought by either Atari or Commodore...