[rescue] More bits and pieces

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 19:07:24 CDT 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at qyx.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 01:47 PM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > A small 68k based lisp machine is something I want to do someday.
> > A little memory, a simple SCSI interface, premptive-multitasking,
> > and VGA level graphics, except hopefully 24bit.
>
>    I would be very, very interested in doing the hardware side of
> this. Without the graphics, though, frankly.

I remember a long time ago, there was a write up of a 68000-based Unix
box that was going to be released for an estimated $600 - back before
Linux, when your choices were Real Unix at $,$$$ or Minix on an IBM
PC/XT...

It never materialized, AFAIK, but that would have been a nice toy ;^)

(No, I don't want a UnixPC/AT&T 7300 - had several, but back then it
would have been cool)

=====
Lionel