[rescue] Perverse Question

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 14 17:57:14 CDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I've since dumped gcc with extreme prejudice on all my Ultras,
> though...Sun's compiler is SO MUCH BETTER it's just ridiculous.
> Seriously.  Just FYI. ;)

Have you (or anyone) did any comparisons with the new scheduler
in gcc 3.3?  They are finally supposed to have a way to describe
asymmetric pipelines and such to the scheduler so it can do
the right thing.  That seems to mean to methat until now, it's all
been hacks to approximate that sort of thing.

--Kurt