[rescue] Is this machine worth a rescue? (Tales from the dumpster)

James james at jdfogg.com
Thu Jun 12 05:50:53 CDT 2003

> Dishwasher, rinse with deionized or distilled water, let dry for a nice
> long time.  Ultrasonic would be great, if you've access to one.

Yup, works great.
I suggest following with an isopropynol rinse. Not "rubbing alcohol", which
is part water, but pure isopropynol. It bonds to water and takes it away
(often used in circuit board manufacture). If you cannot get 100%
isopropynol, check out "gas line antifreeze" as it's usually nothing more
than pure isopropynol.