[rescue] SCA to 50 pin adaptor?

Rob Fielding rob at dsvr.net
Thu Jun 12 02:50:07 CDT 2003

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if anyone had used one of these in an Indigo2 sled. I've
>>seen an ad for an inexpensive Seagate 18.2gb SCA drive and was wondering
>>as a result.
>

> I don't believe you'd be able to make it fit very well.  I have enough
> trouble getting Seagata Barracudas in there without any other
> electronics in the way.

Yup. I have one and it works fine. I haven't got any pics but i could easily provide some. It comprises of a board, about 3" x 1.5" with a 68pin and
50 pin connectors on one side (along with power) and an SCA connection on the other (along with a SCSI ID jumper). There is room at the rear of the
drive to allow the drive to be screwed into a I2 caddy just as normal - just note that the resultant 50pin cable compression means it folds and pokes
up a bit high, catching on the top of the drive bay, but it isn't troublesome as you know it's there.

I like Seagates btw. I noted down some quick performance tests using IRIX diskperf here :

http://reality.dsvr.net/irix/depot/disk_speed.txt

--

Rob Fielding
Development 	Designer Servers Ltd 	www.dsvr.co.uk