[rescue] Cheap(?) USII 360Mhz CPU

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Jun 11 15:30:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I have been looking at CPUs for my new Ultra 2 and spotted a 360Mhz
> 4MB cache CPU that's at $51 with an hour and a half remaining...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41081&item=3028766926
>
> I'd think about snagging it myself except I don't know that it'll
> work in my Ultra 2 (not listed as supported) and I can't really
> spend much money as I STILL don't have a job...

The Tatung Ultra 2s support 360, on the same jumper setting as is used for
the 400MHz module. See http://www.indyramp.com/tatung/ or
http://computer.tatung.com.tw/server/sparc/TInformation/Notice/980630.html
for details. I suspect if it works on those, it will work on a Sun U2, but
as I have neither 360mhz module or Sun Ultra 2, I can't confirm this from
experience.

Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com