[rescue] More bits and pieces

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 10 13:46:24 CDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:34:48PM -0400, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Your mision, and you have no choice but to accept it, is to build a
> small maspar machine to run some unix like OS (or, optionally, spin your
> own lisp os) on that equipment.  Purchasing of PCBs, and additionally
> memory is allowed.

MasPar's sucked big time, we have one here and it is sitting there pretty.
We do lots of SIMD research over here, which is nice for application
specific tasks... it is not great however to run an OS on them. In fact
the MasPar acted more like a co-processor to the frontend machine, than a
general purpose machine.