[rescue] Perverse Question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Jun 9 19:00:22 CDT 2003

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 06:56 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
>> Y'know I'm using an IPX and a SS2for firewall duty.  What are you using
>> for audio feedback on yours?  I could never get Peep to work right.
>
> It's very low-tech.
>
> <mumble>
>   Cron jobs, .au files, and cat.
> </mumble>

Oh...you mean like my sounds in inittab that tell me when my systems are
up and running.

For the start of the systems:

cat startup.au>/dev/audio  == "Initiating Startup Sequence..."
cat beefcake.au>/dev/audio == <Cartman>"Beeefcake!..Beefcake!"</Cartman>

;-)

I still would like to get Peep to work properly some day though.  I like
the feedback of sound when the system is in the closet.

Mike

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655