[rescue] Perverse Question

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Mon Jun 9 18:13:01 CDT 2003

Hello Patrick & all,

> I dunno, I am cramped on the 128MB SGI o2 I have.  Used to be that
> 128MB was pretty sweet, no?

  actually 128 MB is a decent amount of memory. On the O2 this is of
  course limited by the unified memory architecture of the system.
  All memory related stuff (texture, programes, etc.) are stuffed into
  the same physical memory. The downside of this is that you have less
  memory for your applications, the upside is supposed to be that
  there  aren't any unneccessary copy-actions between different types
  of memory (main memory, texture memory, etc.).

Gerhard