[rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Sun Jun 8 16:11:52 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:54:46PM -0500, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> Date: 08 Jun 2003 15:30:34 -0500
> From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> >   Yep...that's me.  Not too many Ido Dubrawsky's running around in this world.
> > Thanks for noticing.
>
> Didn't think there would be.  :)  What part of the book did you write?
>
> 	-Dan Sikorski

  I wrote Chapter 1: Hide and Sneak...and it's based on a real life hack I
did when I was working in security consulting for Cisco.

> Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:54:01 -0500
> From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Ido Dubrawsky is famous
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:06:37PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > Hey, that reminds me, Ido Dubrawsky is famous too!
> > http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/04/1412202&mode=nested&tid=126&tid=172
> > Is it the same Ido?
>
> Yep.
>
> Ido writes a *lot* of stuff.
>
> Bill

  Oh, and Bill, I ended up writing a chapter in that DMZs book as well.  The
one on VPNs in the DMZ.  Turned out the guy they got to write it wrote
something so bad that I had to pretty much throw out everything he wrote and
start from scratch...and in the span of two weeks!  They paid better though...
$25/page for a "rush" job.  I hate that though...

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky               			E-mail:  ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect				idubraws at cisco.com
dubrawsky.org