[rescue] Perverse Question

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Jun 8 14:46:51 CDT 2003

On Sunday 08 June 2003 21:32, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > Passive cooling != no heat sink, for the record
> > passive cooling  no fans on the heatsink ;-)
>
> Says who? a heat sink is still a passive element, doesn't require energy
> transformation to dissipate heat. Hence the term passive or Passive since
> when capitalization of a word changes its meaning?

That's what I'm saying. The "=" button on this keyboard is slightly broken,
and no, capitalisation doesn't matter.

A heat sink is a passive element, therefor cooling with a heatsink and no fan
is passive (or Passive, as you like) cooling.

Clear enough?

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be