[rescue] SS20 and ultra1 FB help

Robert Green rgreen-92 at ionet.net
Sat Jun 7 23:21:51 CDT 2003

OK First time here so here we go.

I have a SS20 and an Ultra1 that both boot and seem to have everything in
the prom setup to output to the monitor on boot but they both do not.

I tried first tried with a 13w3-to-HDB15 adaptor on the Ultra1.  The
monitor seemed to try to sync but would not display anything.  It seems
to have some issues with relyably detecting the monitor type.  The
adaptor does have some swtiches to change the id code reported.  I have
used this same adaptor on a SS4 and IPC without any problems before.

I have also tried a SGI monitor to which the Ultra1 seems to see ok (in
serial console mode) but still no go there.  I have tried the SS20 with
this monitor with the same results.  I currently don't know if they SS20
is seeing the monitor at all since I can't log in right now.  (Second hand
system that I don't have the passwords to).

Any help on this would be helpful.  If you need more info than what I have
given let me know.

Thanks

--
Robert Green    aka cyber_mage