[rescue] Some days ....

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Jun 7 21:41:55 CDT 2003

...it seems you can't do anything right.

An hour ago, I had an Ultra30 with an Elite3D as /dev/fb0 and a
Creator3D as /dev/fb1.  Then I tried to switch them, because the ffb can
properly drive the 90D10 I'm sitting in front of right now and the afb
can't, and if I made the ffb /dev/fb0 I could connect it to the 90D10's
13W3 input.

Somewhere during the process, it appears I somehow managed to kill both
framebuffers.

I don't know whether I zapped them while swapping them, or forgot to
unplug the power cable after powering off the machine or what ....   but
OpenBoot now reports no screen found.

*sigh*

it's things like this that can make you consider taking up a new career
sweeping floors.