[rescue] OS/2 anyone?

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Jun 7 20:16:34 CDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 05:11 PM, Stefan Skoglund wrote:

> fre 2003-06-06 klockan 18.10 skrev N.Miller:
>> Digging through the hills (used to be mountains) of
>> computer stuff here at the house, I found a copy of
>> OS/2 v.3.  It's never been used.  The box has
>> everything in it, just has had the shrink wrap
>> removed.
>
> Is it floppies ???
> If so it should be a snap for me to install it on my PS/2 51.
> I don't have a cdrom enclosure :-(

Nope, according to the requirements on the side of the box:

386-SX or higher
4MB RAM
35-55MB HD space
1.44MB 3.5" floppy
VGA
Mouse
OS/2 Compatible CD-ROM Drive
multimedia ready system for sound
MS Windows 3.1 or 3.11 required for Windows Application support.
BonuPak requires up to 30MB add'l HD space and 9600 baud or higher
modem.

Though the envelopes are sealed, there is definitely CDs in them in
addition to probably a boot floppy or two.  What kind of CD ROM
enclosure do you need, SCSI?  I could probably toss something (not
pretty) in for a cheapish price + shipping.

=Nadine=