[rescue] Perverse Question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Jun 7 18:31:56 CDT 2003

*sigh* Just to end this discussion so it can go off the Rescue list...
If this were Slashdot I'd watch my Karma sink through the floor.

Got the LX connector layouts here in my hand.  Downloadable from Sun.
(Sorry only on paper at the moment for me.)

There is no 3.3V so yes you will need a regulator.

The DC current output per the sheet is:

+5V == 9A
+12V == 2A
-12V == .1A

This data is for the Classic/LX power supply -Fuji PEX643-30 model.
300-1101

My advice would be obviously to take something like an LM7803(?) and put
in on one of the +5V lines to get your 3.3V.

As for physically connecting them - since you're ruining the power
supply for Sparc anyway - clip the connector and hard-solder a PC ATX
connector with the appropriate wiring.

The only wire I don't understand the function of relevant to the current
discussion is the gray wire marked "SENS" which is the "power good"
wire.  You'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Mike Hebel

Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655