[rescue] Perverse Question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Jun 7 18:06:16 CDT 2003

>From what I know of all this, as long as you have the voltages you
need at sufficient currents, you can use an IPC/IPX supply to power
anything you want.

The power switch on modern PCs simply feeds a signal to the ATX/similar
power supply to tell it to turn on or turn off.  If you provide power
to the pins on the PC mainboard, it should just "turn on".

Big question is modern PCs require 3.3V ... without looking stuff up,
I can't recall if the IPC/IPX supply provides 3.3V.

-- Curt