[rescue] Perverse Question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 7 01:16:34 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:32:49PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> >[1] One metric shload, which is approximately 1.6 Imperial shloads.
> I only wish I could afford to buy, store, and feed that shload.

There comes a point where even I have to admit that some machines
aren't worth my time/effort/storage space nowdays.  sun4c stuff is
probably on that list, unless I run across some SS1/1+/2 boxes that
are complete, working, with good NVRAM, etc..

Never again will I take a load of about 30 3/50s, 3/60s, SLCs, ELCs,
and SS1s from a guy, to find out 30 minutes after he left that they'd
been stripped/gutted and now *I* was the poor sumbich stuck with a lot
of empty or near-empty chassis... Nothing like hauling cartloads of
SLC chassis to the dumpster when I had to move...

(and yes, I tried to give this stuff away for over a month before I finally
said fuck it and started tossing...)

Bill

--
bill bradford