[rescue] Perverse Question

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Jun 6 23:19:16 CDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Mike Hebel wrote:

> You are an evil, evil, evil person.  If you want an empty case to put
> these in at least send me the insides.  I rather like the idea of
> running small Sparcs in a VME bus like rack...
>
> I'm angry enough to subscribe you to Amazon.com's mailing list.

I think you typoed "I don't know" as well, Mike.

Some days I wish I could get worked up over such insignificant things, but
then I'm glad I don't jump to conclusions when I do. I just wish things
like someone rescuing a well-designed case were the pinnacle of "problems"
I have to deal with.

Anyway, there's this thing called proportion. If an IPC or IPX were rare,
historical, or significant, that's one thing (tearing up a Sun 1 is vile).
But if it's something you can get almost as easily as syphillis in New
Orleans during Mardi Gras[0], just lay off the guy, ok? And if you can't
get IPCs and IPXes that easy, let me know. I'll sell you a shload[1] of
them.

--Rob

[0] Going on hearsay here.
[1] One metric shload, which is approximately 1.6 Imperial shloads.