[rescue] IRIX color warnings

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Jun 6 23:07:14 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote ...
> On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 01:30 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> >
> > Since cloning my boot disk and installing Samba on the new disk,
> > I'm getting a lot of messages from IRIX that say things like ...
> >
> > 	Warning: Color name "sgilightgray" is not defined
> >
> > What have I screwed up?  Where is this stuff "defined"?
>
>    If this is what I think it is, that'd be X11's color database,
> /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt (along with rgb.pag and rgb.dir DBM files).

Thanks.

In fact, "sgilightgray" isn't defined in there, although "SgiLightGray" and
"sgi light gray" are.  So I defined "sgilightgray" and ran `rgb`.  I get
other complaints about colors, which I'll deal with in the same way.  Seems
an idiotic design, though, if the color names are both CaSe and white space
sensitive.

Now, what can I do to fix things that whine about missing fonts?

And, most importantly, why does using the cloned disk give me errors I
didn't get when I was using the disk I cloned it from?

Gah.

-Shel